I made this for dinner tonight and it was a huge hit with everyone from my husband to my very picky four year old daughter! It is absolutely delicious and a nice change from spaghetti with tomato sauce if you're a pasta lovin' family like us. And the best part is that this meal takes maybe 20 minutes to prepare! That's the kind of dinner I like to make.
2 Packages of potato gnocchi (we use a mix of whole wheat and regular, we like the varied texture)
2 Cups cherry tomatoes
1 Package of goat cheese (I used the kind with added Italian herbs)
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced (or probably three tsp of pre-minced garlic)
1 handful of fresh basil leaves (about six leaves)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Heat Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for about five minutes until it starts to get golden brown.
2. Turn heat up to medium-high and add gnocchi. Stir with the spatula until they are evenly coated with the oil and the garlic. The gnocchi will start to get browned and crispy after about 5 minutes, keep stirring it every so often to make sure it cooks evenly on all sides. You want the outside of the gnocchi to get crispy while the inside gets soft and chewy.
3. Roughly chop the basil and add to the pan when the gnocchi is almost done. You want the basil to get wilted but not fried.
4. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the pan. Mix them in well with the gnocchi so they get coated in garlic as well.
5. Continue to cook until the tomatoes are getting a little juicy and squished...mmmm. Then add the goat cheese. The goat cheese will melt super fast, so add it, stir it once and then take it off the heat!
6. Serve and enjoy! I added a bagged side salad to make it a "complete" meal, and I was done! Super fast and super hearty. My husband had three servings so it is officially man approved, and my daughter even had some of the *gasp* vegetables!