I whipped up this headband to match the chunky circle scarf I had previously made, and to coordinate with the little girl's cowl scarf. This is another super simple beginning project that looks so much more impressive then the small amount of work it takes to make one!
You will need:
A "chunky" yarn. Once again I used Bernat's chunky baby blanket yarn in white.
Hdc: Half double crochet
sl st: slip stitch
For the headband:
1. Ch 26. Sl St to join the chain into a circle. Be careful not to twist the chain! Ch 2.
2. Hdc 25. Sl st to join. Ch 2. Repeat 3 times for 3 rows.
For the bow:
1. Ch 7. In second st from hook, begin hdc. Hdc 5, ch 2. Turn, and repeat step 1 in both loops.
2. Repeat step 1 10 times for 10 rows.
3. You will have a long rectangle. Wrap yarn around your rectangle in the center tightly to form the 'bow.' Tie off/weave in ends and sew the bow to your headband.
If you make a headband of your own I would love to see it. Please feel free to send us a pic, and we may feature your creations on the blog in the future!