2 1/2 cups oatmeal (instant or rolled--I actually used a combo of both!)
1 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
2 cups milk
1 cup water
4 Tbsp honey
2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish. I used our 9 inch pyrex round because that's what was clean!
2. Add oatmeal and blueberries to the baking dish, set aside.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl, mix milk, egg(s) water, honey and almond extract together. When they're combined pour them over your oatmeal.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the top starts to look golden brown.
5. Take your bake out of the oven and set it to broil on low. Roughly mix together the brown sugar and sliced almonds. Crumble the mixture evenly over the top. Broil for about 5-7 minutes, until the brown sugar has melted and caramelized on top of your oatmeal.
6. Serve! We like to add a splash of whole milk over the top to help cool it down for little fingers and make it a little creamier. Enjoy!
***We have also made a dark chocolate raspberry version with chocolate chips in place of brown sugar, raspberries instead of blueberries, and no nuts. It was amazing!***