Hi guys! Hilary and I were talking about ways to give you all a more personal look at our individual lives. Because there are two of us writing for the blog and it can sometimes be hard to tell us apart (also, we're ridiculously similar so that doesn't help!) and we thought this would be a fun way to get a glimpse at our separate personalities.
We decided to give you guys a very personal look into our everyday bags! What tells you more about a woman's life then her purse? Almost nothing. So today and next Friday we'll be doing a quick series on what goes on inside the deepest recesses of our bags. Starting with me:
First, a little bit about my life: I'm a work at home mom and I watch two children four days a week in addition to my own two kids. It gets crazy up in here! I don't always have a reason to leave the house every day because I am lucky enough to work from home, and when I do I am carrying the world's largest diaper bag in addition to my purse. This means that I can keep my purse pretty small and organized, which I like. I'm kind of a clean freak like that, I don't like a lot of purse clutter! Digging through receipts and old lip gloss makes me crazy.
So without further ado, my everyday bag and it's contents:
1. Vintage La Bagagarie cross body bag. I've been wearing this all summer! You can see it better here, here, here...you get the idea. I love this bag to death, it's 100% leather (even the lining!) and it goes with everything, which is good because I don't have a lot of time most days for switching out my purse for one that matches my outfit. But the best part of this bag? It was under $3! God I love thifting.
2. Coupon folder. I keep restaurant coupons, Target coupons, thrift store coupons in here as well as receipts for my taxes. Because otherwise I chronically leave coupons at home when I need them, and that annoys me to no end!
3. Fossil wallet. This is from this thrifting trip here. Since my bag is kind of basic my wallet is bright and fun, and if I'm in a pinch and going out it's big enough to grab and use as a funky clutch with a casual outfit.
4. Coffee punch cards. I'd like to tell you that this is all of them, but it's not. There are at least two more floating around in my car. I really really REALLY love coffee, so much so that my friends joke I need an intravenous drip. But these three are my go-to coffee shops, Dutch Bros, Moxie Java and Espresso-ly Yours (my favorite and my daughters).
5. Lip gloss. I am obsessed with lip gloss and always have at least three options. My favorites right now are Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch, Smashbox O-Gloss (it's PH sensitive and turns a different color on everyone! How cool is that?) and Sephora+Pantone Universe Transforming gloss in Gardenia.
6. Dollar store sunglasses. Because there is no point in having expensive sunglasses when I have a toddler. No. Point. Voice of experience here.
7. Big fancy earrings. This can take a look from "I threw crap on and ran out of the house" to "look at me, I took time getting an outfit together!" in two seconds flat. I always carry an emergency pair!
8. Pacifier. Or a "sucky" as it's called in our house. The Dude is 18 months old and still *gasp!* takes a pacifier occasionally. I know, I know!! I console myself by only letting him use it in the car where I just can't take his screaming.
9. Sucker. This is for my daughter, just in case I desperately need her to be quiet and entertained for five minutes, or to be used as a bribe for being good. The bank gives these things out for free and I squirreled one away.
10. My LG Nexus 4 Smartphone. No, this isn't a sponsored product placement (although it should be. Are you listening Google?) My husband bought me this phone as an upgrade for my birthday this year and I'm obsessed. I can't say enough good things about it! it's fast, it's smooth, it takes great pictures, has a ton of memory...but I do have it in a super sturdy case because the Dude likes to chew on it and the back is made of very stylish and impractical glass. Glass people! This is not a toddler-friendly phone in general, but my monster silicone case works wonders.
So there it is! I hope you enjoyed this intimate look into my everyday bag. I love being able to share more personal details with our amazing readers, and I hope you enjoyed this peek into my life, and my stuff!
Next Friday...Hilary's bag. It's way more intense then mine, and you'll see why!