I think it's...okay.
Last night, we didn't have much in the house for dinner, but we had a bunch of pasta. My husband would have been content with noodles, butter and cheese, but I wanted something fancier and more filling.
I scoured my kitchen and found some beautiful bell peppers and some homegrown garlic from my cousin's farm. I was inspired and made this amazing pasta dish that my family loved. Here's the recipe for you!
5 heads of garlic (not cloves, heads)
2 salmon fillets
3 cups of gluten-free pasta
1 green bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup dried Parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (use more if you like spicy!)
salt and pepper
1. I have a specific garlic roaster that I use, but here is a way to cook garlic without one. I chopped the tops off the heads of garlic so the tops of the cloves are exposed, put them in my garlic roaster, drizzled a little oil over the tops and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
2. As the garlic is cooking, throw the salmon fillets in for the last 15 minutes and cook them until they flake easily with a fork.
3. Cook your pasta on the stove, boiling until cooked through. I used gluten-free pasta (for tips about cooking it, check out this post). Once it's cooked, drain and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat up 1 Tbsp. butter and 1 Tbsp. oil. Saute the bell peppers and crushed red pepper flakes until the peppers are soft. Squeeze the cooked heads of garlic into the pan. Crumble the cooked salmon and add the salmon and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Stir it a few times, then add the pasta to the saucepan. Toss everything together and sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot with a little more Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Definitely a win all the way around!
Enjoy! ~ Hilary
Enjoy! ~ Hilary