You'll just need five things: a T-shirt, a pair of scissors, a piece of woven fabric, double-sided fusible interfacing and an iron. That's it!
2. Cut the T-shirt up both sides.
3. Cut off the sleeves.
4. Cut the front of your T-shirt off.
6. Lay your T-shirt down flat, and cut in slightly curved line along the sides where the red arrows are pointing on the picture.
7. Check your new edges and make sure they're even and cleanly cut, then cut the other side.
8. Lay your new cape shape out flat and check to make sure both sides are even.
10. Iron your interfacing to your woven fabric, then turn it over and trace whatever embellishment you choose onto the other side (I chose my son's initial). Make sure you do it backwards! Otherwise when you iron it on your letter will be backwards.
11. Iron your embellishment to your cape, making sure you check that it's placed exactly where you want it.
12. You're done!
Although I think my Dude is probably more of a Super Villain then a super hero. That is, if this look is any indication:
Have fun with this super easy craft idea! And if you'd like to check out more kid's crafts by us, you can check out our sewing for kids page, or our crafts page. See you there!